The Real Housewives of Nashville

During my Nashville trip I was able to go to a trunk show with Kyah where she was showcasing her new accessory line.  The evening was spent sipping wine and eating hors devours with the wife and daughters of the lead singer of Journey, Anastasia Brown–who was one of the judges of Nashville Star, the wife of Big Kenny from Big and Rich, and about 8 other women who are movers and shakers in the Nashville music scene.  And then there’s me…the random friend in town who became keenly aware of her lack of fringe, cool hair, bling, and social prowess.

I felt like I was sitting in an episode of The Real Housewives…but from Nashville.

It was a little surreal to be in the midst of it all…don’t get me wrong, all the women were incredibly nice and interesting, but they live lives that are SO vastly different from mine…I found comfort in shoving crackers and spiced goat cheese down my throat so I could avoid awkward conversation and sneak peaks at diamond rings as big as my head.

Nashville is a mini version of LA (except I actually really like Nashville…LA, not so much).  Instead of all the waiters and waitresses being actors, they are all singers or song writers.  It’s not all honky-tonks and cowboys…this place is pretty hipster.  It’s definitely fun to have a friend to visit who is involved in celebrity circles, but you know what they say, “Mo money, mo problems.”  (But I will miss the perk of borrowing a stylist’s wardrobe, shoes and accessories).

Comments

1. says

I spent a few days in Nashville when I was in college – I was attending a journalism conference there, and I FELL IN LOVE with the city. I love the energy, the history and attractions. That weekend “introduced me to myself” and I can’t wait to return!

I really enjoy reading about your experiences, Ruthy. :)

2. says

Sounds pretty cool to get that inside look at that kind of lifestyle. I would have felt totally uncomfortable and out of place not being loaded and all. The what do you do for a living question would have sent me hiding under the table! Sounds like you handled yourself well!

3. says

LOVED seeing the styling pics of you and kyah behind the scenes in your last post. fun to see what my sister really does during the day :) have fun at the wedding w/ your man this weekend!

4. Anonymous says

There is alot of things to do in Nashville, but being a beach lover, there are no beaches. I’m not into country, I like rock, metal, goth, & club. I prefer NJ, NYC, & LA

5. Anonymous says

The belt operates to tighten your muscle tissues by
    contracting them, and then relaxing them, and then repeating the motion,
    and it targets all the muscles in your abdominal section.

My blog :: Flex Belt reviews

6. Anonymous says

No further time expended on the gym, no back pain
    because of to many crunches or other stomach workout routines and
    no far a lot more sweaty workouts basically to ensure that your abs appear fantastic.

Feel free to visit my blog post Just click the following Webpage