14 or 15 Weeks?

Thursday, February 6th, 2014

15 weeksI had an ultrasound done very early in my pregnancy at a free clinic  because at the time, I didn’t have maternity coverage with my insurance.  The ultrasound predicted I was 6 weeks along at the time.  Now that I do have maternity coverage, my midwife wanted me to get an updated ultrasound; I went in on Monday (assuming I was 14 weeks) and the ultrasound tech said either my baby just went through a growth spurt and is measuring in the 90th% across the board, or she thinks I’m 15 weeks along.  Both are quite possible which would make my due date anywhere from July 27th-August 5th.

ultrasoundA lot of you have been asking how I’ve been feeling.  Overall, I’m feeling significantly better, but Superbowl Sunday I started throwing up again and have just been feeling pretty icky ever since.  My nausea went from a 3 on a scale of 1-10  back to a 7 or so.  When the nausea gets that strong it makes eating extremely difficult, but eating helps keep the nausea at arms length which causes a very frustrating cycle.

The good news is last week I was feeling pretty good, and was able to quickly put back on weight.  Over the last couple of weeks I’ve managed to somehow put back on the 10 pounds I lost over the 7 weeks I couldn’t stop puking.  My metabolism must be seriously screwed up by now.  I hope I don’t continue to put on weight that fast!

The other good news is the ultrasound showed that the baby so far was healthy.  This was a huge relief as I was never able to keep down prenatal vitamins nor eat much during the vital developmental weeks of the babies growth.  The other good news…the ultrasound tech was able to see the gender of the baby!  I wasn’t expecting to find out until the 20 week appointment, but we now know!!  Woohoo!  And of course I’m cruel and I’m making you wait until next week to find out the results!

16 Responses to “14 or 15 Weeks?”

1. lenamichele says:

That’s so exciting! Can’t wait to find out the gender! You’ve been so strong through this entire experience. Congratulations on your healthy little one at home and the one in your belly!

2. Nooooo! I want to know now! :)

I’m so happy the little bean is healthy!!

3. justyn says:

I’m so glad you are feeling better – and look at your bump! You look great girl! I had my first ultrasound done at approx. 6 weeks and when I went in for my AFP test at 12 weeks the baby was measuring a whole week ahead as well – so they moved my due date up a week for safe measure. It was kind of a relief to skip a whole week! LOL Yay for healthy momma and baby!
    xo

4. Carly says:

Well aren’t you just a tease! My bets would be placed on another little sister for Parker ;)

Also, you’re looking really well. You’d never have known you’ve been (and still are at times) so sick.

5. Brittanie says:

Glad there have been some good days ! You look great, hope you start feeling it too :)

6. That little baby is a fighter and so are you!! Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully Super bowl Sunday was just a minor setback and you will just keep re bounding better and better. Thanks for your comments on my blog!! I am feeling better every day myself and just trying to take it easy since for the first time ever in my life that’s all I’m supposed to do!!

7. Erin says:

This early I’m guessing…boy!

8. how amazing is that ultrasound picture. it’s beautiful!
    God has taken care of your little one making sure he/she is growing healthy and strong. and my guess is a boy. can’t wait for you to share! take care friend!

9. L says:

OMG! So exciting! You look adorable. Can’t wait to find out!

10. Linnea says:

I’m so happy to hear that your baby is doing well and hope too that your feelings of wellness return quickly. You have the cutest bump. You are just such a warrior and you have been on my mind so often these past few weeks. I can’t wait to find out if you’re having a boy or girl!!! Fun note, my due date is the 26th of July! Looking forward to more updates and I’m really happy to hear this upbeat post. xo

11. carlybrydon says:

Oh man, I want to knowwwwwwww!!!!

12. What a cute little bump! You look great :) Hope you continue to feel better! p.s. cant wait to hear what you are having, my guess is a boy!

13. Jessica G. says:

I love that picture of you. You look adorable. And exciting that you got to see baby and they are healthy and growing well.

14. Congratulations! I am glad that you are feeling somewhat better. I can’t imagine what you’ve been going through but I’ve been following your progress and putting positive thoughts into the universe for you. There is a light at the end…You are just a few days to a week behind me. I am due around July 24th but we won’t find out the gender for a couple more weeks. :) Take care, I wish you and the new baby well!

15. calista says:

I’m so glad you’re feeling a little bit better and I’m so glad your wee one is healthy! Such a blessing :-)

16. Ashley John says:

Wow, that’s exciting and happy news Ruthy. I guess it will be a “girl”, any ways maintain a healthy diet. Good luck and keep writing.

Wife-Mama-Believer-Blogger

Hi, I'm Ruthy. Read my story here.

Let’s connect: